Sunday, January 27, 2008

Blog POWER!!!

When you think about it, how powerful and/or influential do you really think a blog is? Well if it has the power to cause a major lawsuit that spurred from a comment posted by an angry Verizon Wireless customer about problems with a phone then it is pretty powerful. When I first heard about the concept of a blog, I was a little perplexed about what a blog actually was and what it was used for because blogging is something that I am not familiar with. I usually stay away from sharing my thoughts with random people I and don’t think it is necessary to tell them about my life. Blogging was never my thing, but now that I have read about how influential a blog post can be, I have changed my mind.

Who knew that all it took was a blog post to stimulate something like this. All the customer did was post comments about a phone that he was not happy with and all of a sudden, he found that many others share his problems and frustration. It is important to note that something as simple as a complaint post can cause big things to happen. Blogs are more than just random feelings because you would be surprised how many people share your thoughts.

Blogging can also be a very useful tool in the business world as we may all know already. It can influence businesses and their products as presented by the Verizon Wireless case. However, it does not only impact businesses in negative ways. It can help stimulate business through the advertising of products through blogs and comments on them. If people are satisfied with certain goods or services and they write about them, others may be willing to try them out. This creates a new market for businesses because other than advertising and marketing, businesses can see what people think of their products and people can also find out about products they never even heard about. Businesses need to make the most of blogging for their benefit and bloggers need to keep up the good work and do the same.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

just testing co-comment

Kendra said...

just testing co-comment