Monday, February 4, 2008

Wait…I can have things my way?

We have all been in a situation where we saw a shirt or shoes or a pair of pants that seemed great, but if it where in a different color or fabric. Simply put, why can’t we just have everything customized to our liking? Well, Nike decided to take a few steps ahead of its competitors and incorporate NikeID, a site where you can customize sneakers, in its stores. Now, not only I can shop for shoes or sneakers without even leaving my room, I can customize the features and create my own ideal shoe. This is a major break through in the online business world. It helps Nike boost its image and customer satisfaction rating. Why wouldn’t anyone want to customize their own perfect shoe?

I designed and ordered sneakers from NikeID and they looked great. Competitors should wake up and see how advanced the world is right now and take advantage of the online business market. This site only helps generate profits for Nike because everyone wants their own style, so why not customize it?

I personally am happy with the way companies are expanding their markets. Nike is making a lead example here. They understand that people like everything their way and as a result they developed a basis.

No comments: