Monday, February 18, 2008

Exactly, it is a Second Life….




















What in the world is Second Life? Why would I want one? When I first heard about Second Life, I had no idea what to expect. Is it a program, company, website? After reading and article and watching a slide show, I clearly see that it is exactly what it says, a Second Life. This program offers its users a chance to have two lives, one real one and one virtual one. This programs looks just like SIMS, however there is so much more you can do with Second Life. Its simply another world.

You can have you own identity, character, everything!!!!! You can buy and sell land using REAL MONEY!!! You can even have sex, which is kind of strange in my opinion because its not real. This program is your Second Life and you can do whatever you want. I cannot wait to use this program and experience firsthand all it has to offer.


If you think there is something I have not told you about this program, please watch this:

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

I learned about SecondLife last semester and almost downloaded the program but at the last minute, I changed my mind. My fear is that it will distract me from my real life. The other thing you should mention is that companies are using it as a major resource for selling their products like GAP clothes and GM cars. I do not understand the point of buying such intangible products but I guess someone finds they intangiable products of worth.

Kendra said...

I also wrote about Second Life and made a brief comparison to the Sims game. I think there are similar qualities, but now after fooling around with the program, I find Second Life very odd. Although you can purchase land and start businesses, you need to actually pay to participate in those kind of things. Maybe this is due to the fact that I've hardly done much on the program, but I feel all I can do right now is walk or fly around, and talk to other people. The Sims seems more like reality compared to Second Life.

Deepak Shahani said...

Watching the youtube video you posted on Second life, highlighted the enormous potential of Second Life. Corporations, bands and universities to name a few, are using Second Life to promote their businesses or music and to have intellectual talks and simulate the classroom experience.

I have played with the Sims program, but Second Life seems to have sophisticated technology that are enabling users to expand the possibilities of the things they can do. It will be interesting to see if Second Life's potential and capabilitites will grow exponentially and not taper off.