Sunday, February 24, 2008

Great...I Still Have No Privacy!!!!

Don't we all wish it was that easy? With the push of a button, we can have privacy on the computer!!

News Flash, that is not possible. Social Networking sites like facebook, myspace, etc., never delete your private information even if you delete your account. Servers run by these sites keep our private information and it never gets deleted. Yes, that means if you where to re-activate your account on one of theses sites, ALL of your information will be available. More information provided here.

This is very disturbing. Why would I want my private information, keyword: "PRIVATE," stored on a server? Most likely I deleted or deactivated the account for a reason and the reason was that I did not want others to see what I was like in my private life. I'm not the way I used to be. I am a completely different person. Now if i reactivate any of my accounts, there may be information posted that some employers may find unsuitable, however that is how I used to be. There is no need to let people know how I used to be because I have changed and can create a new account if I wanted to. No need for my information to be stored.

Now we have to think before we put pictures, comments, and personal information up on the internet because it never gets deleted. Its like there is always an eye watching you and tends to get very creepy...
Also be sure to watch this great video about internet privacy and what others think:

1 comment:

Deepak Shahani said...

Timur, I agree with you that it is a challenge deleting information you stored on the Internet. Laws are still developing on intellectual property and the worldwideweb because they deal with new technology and somewhat intangible matters. It can definitely be a legal issue of how corporations can hold and secure your private information so that it is not compromised.

However, we have to be more careful of what we post on the Internet and have to always know that there is a risk, that people can access that information. I guess, some of the responsibility lies with us, and you have to be smart about revealing personal information on the net.